It is time for another CASE study challenge with our muse Lisa Spangler.
Interesting color palette; that is the first thing I wanted to CASE. However, it didn’t work very well with my design, and after taking pictures and almost submitting it, I decided to change it.
Here is my card:
Points of Inspiration:
- Frame: I love frames, hence it is no wonder that my focal point is a frame. I made it using two spellbinder dies and covering it with white enamel accent.
- Side Bow: I like the off-center emphasis of the frame, hence the cluster of elements on the left of my frame.
- Diagonal stripes: This was accidental; originally I tied a bow around the frame, but it didn’t look good. As I was determined to put something on one side of the frame, I just wrapped the cord around it. Later I realized that it resembles the border stamps on Lisa’s card.
For the cluster on the side I used a stamped circle, a fabric brad, some flower die cuts with the edges inked and a little wood veneer bird, which was a gift from my teammate Wida. Never used wood veneers before, so I was quite excited to put this little cutie into use.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamp: Close To MyHeart “Soul Mates”, Studio Calico You Are The Best
- Paper: Neenah Solar White, Michaels Blue card stock.
- Ink: Close To My Heart Sky
- Other: Studio Calico Bird wood veneers, American Crafts fabric brad, Memory Box Fancy Blossoms die, Ranger Bisque liquid pearl, Ranger white enamel accent, Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder, American Crafts Jute twine, 1.25″ circle punch, Spellbinders label 4 die and Classic rectangle die.