There was some excitement last week when I mentioned that I have been designing some stamps. Thank you all for your nice and supportive comments! I will elaborate further on my adventures soon, so stay tuned 🙂
Love that blue color and those splashes!! and I love how the sentiment pops out of the blue pool.
For my card I used a similar design concept:
To make this card, I first die cut the word “thanks” out of a 4″ x 5.5″ white card stock. I then drew the two curved lines at the ends and cut them with scissors. This gave me two pieces to work with. On each I sponged and blended two Distress inks (dried marigold and spun sugar). After sponging, I glued the two pieces onto the front of a card base. For the last step, I randomly put some glue dots using a glue pen, then sprinkled on some hexagon and diamond shaped gold glitter (Martha Stewart).
Fun Fact of the Day: My eccentric obsession with minute details in my card photos.
After taking over 50 photos, I enlarge each one and select the sharpest ones. I straighten them, correct the lighting in Photoshop, and start comparing and eliminating them until I choose one that I am fairly satisfied with. Some days this doesn’t take too long, but sometimes, I can get stuck between two photos for a while! I thought I would share the two photos from today that kept me going back and forth:
There is a difference in the angle of Photography, slight difference in the way I edited them, but the point that kept me debating was how the light reflected off of the glitter! To keep it short, let’s just say I chose the second one because I found that the transition from light to dark was more smooth. I was particularly bothered by the two light spots underneath the “a” and “n” on the first photo. You will see on the second photo, the spot under the “n” is a bit dimmer. Okay, now you know a crazy side of me!
Do stop by the CASE Study Challenge blog for more inspiration from the talented design team, as well as our muse Donna and our guest designer Erin!
Till next time.